Simple is not something I think about very often because we have four kids, a dog, a kitten and a bird; nothing is simple around here. However I am feeling this pulling towards what I would call a simple life and I have been told that it is child abuse, neglect to be specific. Which caused me to put the brakes on because my children are why I want this so I certainly don't want to hurt them in any way. Well now I am back on my path and after much soul searching and researching feel comfortable with our choices (because I am not making them alone I have a great life partner to do this with me).
First thing I am going to tackle is the clothing pile. I was told be a friend that by doing this one I was neglecting my children and the actually they need more clothes. The three big kids have a pile of clothes that is as tall as I am currently and although it is not all actually dirty it is in the dirty pile as well. I never get close to getting caught up on laundry and it depresses me. So we have prayerfully considered our clothing needs and are going to get rid of some.
This choice does not make me a bad parent or abusive in any way, shape or form. I am not neglecting my children because they dont have twenty t-shirts to throw on the floor. So we are thinning out the clothing but it is not just the kids clothing either. After taking an inventory or my own closet it is very apparent that everyone in this house needs a clothing intervention.
This blog is an about life and some of the crazy adventures that happen along the way.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
What is "A Simple Life" to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment