Sunday, January 13, 2013

No more chemicals

So ever since my youngest diaper allergy I have been researching products. I was horrified to find out how many chemicals are in my home. Unnecessary ones to boot. So I began slowly removing them.
I started with laundry soap because of the cloth diapers. We loved it. Our clothes are just as clean if not more so and they are without the chemicals.
Naturally household cleaning was next. Vinegar,  baking soda, borox, washing soda are my new best friends. My floors are nice and clean and dobt have that flim of whatever it was leftover. Another major plus is I wasn't sick after I finished them, tired yes, usually with my old commercially purchased products I end up with headache and dizzy spells. I love that I don't have to worry about my baby being on the floor
One more step shampoo and conditioner, this was a hard one for me since i have very long hair. Used a baking soda water mixture as the shampoo substitute and an apple cider vinegar water mixture for the conditioner substitute.  I have never had such an easy time brushing out my hair. It also seemed to somehow dry faster and feels better too.
I am glad we are moving in this direction. We still have a ways to go before we are to where I want us to be. It has also been a challenge to get the husband on board but even he is coming around. Now we make laudry soap, dishwasher soap, shampoo and conditioner, also a few household cleaning items too; I feel like my house has never been cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment