We are going to grow a garden this year. Not just a few tomatoes and a pepper plant, oh no we are putting a 15 foot by 50 foot full garden. I have hunted out the choice seeds from Baker Seed (website is www.rareseeds.com in case you would want to know).
I have sent a month or better learning what I can and the rest I will learn on the fly. Today we started preparation of the ground we staked out and started digging and turning the soil. I know they have these new things called tillers but that is not what I want. How is using a tiller helping anything out hard work is good for the soul.
The kids are quite excited and I hope they stay that way because they will be helping out. The husband is the only one that I am not requiring to help out, I figure he is our breadwinner that's enough. My oldest even wants her own garden area so she will be growing strawberries and making jam. My mouth is already watering.
Not a bad start for day one. Hopefully we can make as much or more progress tomorrow.
This blog is an about life and some of the crazy adventures that happen along the way.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Gardening for beginners
Labels:
gardening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment