So as we begun our month long summer break we added a four legged member to our family. Her name is Paisley and she is a beagle mix. I was concerned at first about how she would transition to our family. Although I was considering adding a dog for awhile now I fully expected to get one that was a bit older and housebroken. Paisley is just 12 weeks old and fits in very well around here.
Lets see the first night she was here she peed on my husband's side of the bed, not the best way to start things out with him. On her first morning as Dan was trying to get ready for work she tried to take his sock off of his foot as he was putting it on. They are still trying to work things out and I am enjoying every minute of it.
Paisley and the kids are learning to deal with each other as well. The kids are learning to keep toys picked up or she will chew on them. They have also learned the value of taking the dog outside on a regular basis because if she doesn't go out she likes to use their room. The first time she did that is was quite funny, my son Danny told Paisley to go clean up her mess. She just sat there, of course. However overall she is doing really good and only had a couple of accidents in the house.
I can not wait to see what other adventures she takes the family on because the first two weeks have been quite fun and full of laughs.

No comments:
Post a Comment